Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Criminal Minds' Mind, $274, and Dads....

I slept in this morning.  It felt really good.  I woke my hubby up at 1:00A.M. because I had the need to make sure the guy who came by yesterday didn't leave anything at our door.  He had forms in one hand and a tool box in the other.  He just seemed out of place in our neighborhood--I didn't let him in and didn't give him a chance to explain what he was selling.  I guess he really did scare me--we usually don't get solicitors in our area, I have great neighbors--I'm not really that nervous about someone breaking in (I probably shouldn't be watching so much Criminal Minds--it really starts messing with my head)--but we do have several vacant homes due to the economic recession that's happening in a lot of areas..

We do have a neighborhood watch, but I have never heard about any meetings or problems--the lady who is the head of the program lives just down the street.  My neighbors on all three sides of us are men who would tell off someone who shouldn't be milling around.  I am here with my doggy for a few nights---I am really not a baby when it comes to feeling safe; I do feel safe in my house.  I live in a really family friendly area--I just don't like it when people solicit at my front door--if I'm interested in what you're selling, I will call you, don't just come by.  Okay--done with that.  I feel better now.  So, I ended up not falling asleep until way after 2 A.M.--but I slept in until 10!  It felt wonderful!

I had to make a fuss today.  I don't really enjoy making a fuss about things, but it was $274 I was making a fuss about.  It was worth it and I made my case and they listened to me.  It was worth talking to 3 people to get the answer I was hoping for.  But, seriously, I should not have had to make the fuss to begin with...computer glitch is what they told me what the reason for the error...I feel it was more of a "try to pull a fast one" ...not today, and not right now...when everything else seems so out of control...it's nice to be able to get my way for once.  I was right and I made my point...it felt good to be listened to.

I finished my book this afternoon--I always feel sad after finishing a good book. It's like I can't put it down until I finish it and then when I do finish it I feel sad that's it all over.  I also have to process all the relationships and themes in the book.  Today, while I was making dinner, I was thinking about fear--if I fear things then I am not choosing life....I need to release my fear of the unknown and train my brain to think positively.  Easy to write here, hard to put into practice!

Wow, I didn't think I was really going to write so much.  I was doing some research on what 'new' news what out there on infertility and I came across this article: 
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101129160950.htm

It's about how contact with dads drop during high-fertility rates.  I thought it was amusing because my dad and I have this funny relationship.  We don't talk to each other for months, and then when *I* finally call him we talk for hours.  My excuse for not calling more often has always been I just don't have the time to call him all that frequently, because who has 3 hours to talk every week.  It's funny because I call my mom almost daily...we talk for an average of 5 minutes.  As an anthropology major, I found this article interesting...I just had to laugh a bit because maybe this infertility stuff is messing with my "high-fertility" time periods...haha!!  Ludicrous I know, but funny article nonetheless...at least I thought so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment